Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week 6 - Embedding Media

My students LOVE learning educational songs.  It gives them a fun way to learn the material and remember it.  This is one of the videos I showed them when we were learning about pronouns.





Sometimes when my students do not have prior knowledge about a topic we are reading about in our opencourt stories I like to show them pictures so they can become more familiar with the topic.  For example, a few weeks ago we were reading the story How the Guinea Fowl got her Spots.  My students had no clue what a guinea fowl was so we looked for some pictures and information before we started our story. 

We then did some research online to figure out where the guinea fowl lived.  They originated in Africa. 





View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment